CLICK HERE TO BUY TICKETS – ticket sales are strictly limited so get in early to avoid missing out!
Located at the von Bibra Holden Showroom in Southport, the inaugural fundraising evening will be an opportunity to hear from triathlon greats including Miles Stewart, Guy Andrews and Toby Coote. Hosted by Noel Phillips, the Harrop family will also share their memories and vision for the future of the Foundation. We have some incredible prizes and auctions available across the evening.
6.30pm Drinks on arrival
7.15pm Guest speakers
7.35pm Casual Q&A with Harrop family and friends
8.00pm Auction and prize draw
$40 per person – includes finger food and two drinks throughout the evening. Beer, wine and soft drink available.
Door prizes, raffle items and auction items include:
- Panasonic split system air conditioner (valued at $1400)
- Panasonic power tools (valued at $620)
- 2 x Panasonic sound system (valued at $450 & $290)
- Memorabilia including Craig Alexander’s 2011 Kona helmet & signed Super League Jersey
- Siri Lindley Team Sirius training package (valued at $8000)
- 2 x Delly Carr signed posters
- 2 x Noosa Triathlon entries (valued at $295 each)
- Super League merchandise
Why a Fundraiser?
17 years after his death, the Luke Harrop Foundation has been established by the Harrop family to assist para-triathletes and triathletes with a disability. Luke Harrop died in January 2002 after being hit by a car during a training ride on the Gold Coast.
The memory of Luke lives on strong in Queensland with the Gold Coast Triathlon – Luke Harrop Memorial event bearing his name. For the Harrop family, establishing the Foundation creates a legacy in Luke’s memory into the local community.
The Foundation aims to assist paratriathletes and triathletes with a disability, including athletes who have been recently injured and those new to the sport. Financial support by way of a bursary will be granted to two athletes, to be used towards rehabilitation, training, equipment, or travel, depending on their need. The Foundation also aims to increase the awareness of the paratriathlon community within Australia.
The inaugural fundraising evening, held on the Friday before the Gold Coast Triathlon – Luke Harrop Memorial will be an opportunity to hear from triathlon greats including Miles Stewart, Guy Andrews and Toby Coote. Hosted by Noel Phillips, the Harrop family will also share their memories and vision for the future of the Foundation.
Generously hosted at the Von Bibra Southport Holden Showroom, the ticket price of $40 includes finger food (gf, v options) and two drinks.
Funds raised at this event will be awarded to (up to) two paratriathletes at the presentations at the Gold Coast Triathlon: Luke Harrop Memorial on Sunday April 7th.
Purpose of the Foundation
The purpose of the foundation is to create a bursary to assist para triathletes of all nominations including recently injured and intending disabled participants in triathlon in the name & memory of Luke Harrop.
In 2019 up to 2 recipients will be selected from those competing at the 2019 Gold Coast Triathlon, Luke Harrop Memorial.
- Recipient(s) will receive support towards some or all of the following:
- To assist recipients, recover from a life trauma and will use triathlon as a means of participating in sport, initial entry, or re- entry. Medically or counselling.
- To contribute to training costs where a need is assessed justifiable to reach a dedicated improvement.
- To contribute to special equipment costs needed due to disability.
- Contribute to travelling costs necessary for competing in qualifying events, if judged justified.
- To assist in uncovered medical costs resultant from competing and training.
- Assist with costs of special clothing requirements due to competing with a disability.
- The foundation also has the additional goals of:
- Contributing to creating social events mixing able bodied competitors and para-triathletes.
- Arranging mentoring support to para-triathletes. To advance the awareness of the para-triathlete Australian contingent through the media.